Park Rules, September 2018
In these rules the 'owner' is Castle Ashby Park and the 'occupier' is the owner of the mobile home.
- Castle Ashby Park is a retirement park and all occupants must be aged 50 or above. Children are not permitted.
- Only mobile homes of proprietary manufacture which conform to the definitions contained in the Caravan Sites and Control of Development Act 1960, the Caravan Sites Act 1968 and the Mobile Homes Act 1975 are accepted and only one mobile home shall be stationed on any standing.
- Mobile homes must be kept in sound and clean condition. Decoration and external colour must be maintained to the satisfaction of the owner. Wheels must not be removed nor the mobile home repositioned without permission. No external alteration or addition to the mobile home or pitch is permitted without the prior approval of the owner.
- The mobile home may be used by the occupier and members of his permanent household and bona fide guests only and the number of occupants shall not exceed the specified number of berths.
- Occupants are responsible for ensuring that electrical installations and appliances comply at all times with the requirements of the Institution of Electrical Engineers and/or other appropriate authorities.
- Any work carried out on gas appliances must be done by a fitter on the 'Gas Safe' registry.
- It is the occupier's responsibility to ensure that all household refuse is deposited in approved containers and put out for collection at the correct time.
- Musical instruments, record players, radios and other appliances must not be used to cause nuisance to others, especially between the hours of 10.30pm and 8am.
- A maximum of two vehicles may be parked adjacent to the mobile home. On no account are the roads to be obstructed. All vehicles must be driven carefully on the park not exceeding the speed limit of 1Omph. Vehicles must be taxed and insured as required by law and drivers must hold a current driving licence and insurance. Disused vehicles must be removed from the park and the prior written approval of the owner must be obtained before parking commercial vehicles.
- Washing lines are to be reasonably screened from public view.
- Private gardens must be kept neat and tidy. The planting of trees and shrubs is subject to the owner's prior approval of types and position. Trees and shrubs may be required to be cut down or removed at the cost of the occupier if they grow too large. Gardens will be left intact when the occupier vacates the pitch.
- No farmyard animals or poultry may be kept on the pitch (cage birds excepted). Dogs and cats are permitted with the prior consent of the owner who reserves the right to withdraw such consent in the event of complaints being made to him about such animals.
- The occupier is responsible for the conduct of children of visitors.
- It is forbidden to carry offensive weapons or other objects likely to give offence on the Park.
- Everyone using the park is required to comply with the regulations of the Site Licence, local authority or any other statutory authority.
- No commercial enterprise or business activities may take place on the park without the prior permission of the owner.
- Aerials for television or radio may be erected with the consent of the owner.
- No hedges or fences are permitted between the mobile homes.
- Nothing of an inflammable nature is allowed in the 6m spacing.
- Cars parked alongside the mobile home must not obstruct any door or fire escape.
- No car ports, lean-tos or extensions are permitted in the 6m spacing.
- No sheds will be permitted in the 6m spacing unless they are of a non-combustible material and for this written authority will be required from the owner.
- No construction or building will be permitted without the written consent of the owner.
- Street lights are provided and it is the responsibility of the occupier to ensure they work.
- Outside storage is permitted in the form of an Asgard ACC5 Metal Storage Shed in Ivory only. The occupier is responsible for the purchase of the storage shed. No materials or tools are to be stored under the home or in the garden.
- The occupier is responsible for the cleanliness of the pitch. He must also keep the area underneath the mobile home clear.
- Rent is to be paid one month in advance. Water, electricity and sewage bills are to be paid on presentation.